NAPI Scholars Program and Summer Internship
NAPI offers two separate educational opportunities for undergraduate students pursuing a degree in the field of agriculture, engineering, and business – NAPI Scholars Program and Summer Internship. The interested students will participate in strategic projects as they relate to NAPI’s overall goals and objectives. Undergraduate student focused in any of the following degrees are encouraged to apply:
Engineering: Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Agriculture, Industrial, Water Resource
Business: Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Human Resource, IT
The NAPI Scholars Program is available to undergraduate students enrolled at New Mexico State University (“NMSU”), College of Agriculture, Engineering, or Business.
NAPI is continuously accepting applications for the Scholars Program.
To Apply for the Scholars Program
Submit the following documents:
- Scholars Program Application
- Letter describing educational and career goals
- 2.5 GPA cumulative on 4.0 scale
- Copy of most recent official transcripts
- Undergraduate student must be enrolled at NMSU studying through the College of Agriculture, Business, or Engineering
Benefits for the Scholars Program
- $2,500 Per Semester
- Full-Time Career Upon Graduation
- Paid Internship
- Paid Housing during Internship*
- Experience and Training
- Management Opportunities
- Industry Mentor
Expectations for the Scholars Program
- Maintain appropriate academic progress (2.50 GPA cumulative on 4.0 scale)
- Official transcripts within 30 days following the end of the semester.
- Participate in all NAPI Scholars scheduled meetings and college offered leadership activities and tours.
- Attend university offered Financial Aid workshops each semester and apply for all other applicable financial aid.
- Purposefully cultivate working relationships with industry mentor and college advisors.
- Participate in collegiate level professional society in their chosen discipline.
- Accept annual internship experiences offered by NAPI.
- Accept competitive offer of professional employment at a competitive salary from NAPI for a minimum of one-half the time of participation in the NAPI Scholars Program.**
Important Dates for the Summer Internship
The internship for 2021 has been postponed.
- Begins: June 2022
- Ends: August 2022
Selection will be based on our Navajo Preference in Employment Act (NPEA). Enrolled members of the Navajo Tribe or their spouses will be given preference. Deadline is open-ended. *Paid Housing During Internship: For student only and residing 300+ miles away. **Rejection of offer could result in repayment to NAPI for the amount of benefits provided.